Role: Fraud Investigation Analyst
Location: Sydney CBD
Role Type: 4 months contract with possibility of extension
- Fraud Investigations Officers are responsible for all types of Fraud investigations within WPB Fraud investigation Pilot team, starting with Mule/Passthrough account typology first
- Conduct more complex and serious investigations across all types of fraud. The role holders must be able to access and understand Client retail banking systems, action on fraud cases on timely manner, engage with all necessary stakeholders within and outside of , contact internal staff and customer directly if needed, conduct competent investigations into all types of fraud cases, work independently and as part of a team, share knowledge and experience as appropriate
- The jobholder will contact both customer and internal staff members at all the time within their case investigation limit
- The jobholder will work on Mule account/Passthrough account as simple fraud cases, they need work independently
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & prioritise workload
- Creativity and willingness to take the initiative.
- Good analytical skills.
- An enquiring mind with a good eye for detail.
- Team Player
- Ability to manage a team of experienced and assertive senior clerical staff, whilst maintaining good engagement
- Proficient knowledge of PC based systems
- A skill in a second language is advantage
- Existing Financial Crime experience (strongly preferred)
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your application at or apply now. Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Technology & Digital
Key Accounts Consultant
+ 61 3 8633 4112
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856