Greythorn Adelaide is currently looking for 2 x Senior Software Engineers highly skilled in Java and/or C++ v14 -v17 to join a locally based global Defence client.
The successful Software Engineers will be part of special team involved in building web based simulation environments to represent potential future combat systems and threat response environments. The successful Engineers will join a number of other technology and Engineering experts as the key drivers for delivering chosen solutions to the end customer. Working with Technical Leads and Architects the selected Engineers will play a key part in identifying, developing and applying cutting edge new concepts, technologies and techniques in an Agile DevSecOps software environment to build simulated solutions. Successful solutions will eventually be chosen as 'Go Live' to assist the Australian Department of Defence.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Design and develop software solutions designed to simulate the connection of a multitude of disparate systems and sensors to one central hub.
- Performing analysis-of-alternatives study to evaluate software approaches.
- Working with a software team to develop prototype solutions.
- Working with Modelling, Simulation and Analysis teams to assess system performance and scalability potential.
- Providing relevant technical and domain knowledge.
- Adhering development practices such as Continuous Delivery & Continuous Integration.
Due to the nature of the work Australian citizenship is mandatory and Applicants are required to currently hold or be eligible to obtain NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearances.
- Excellent coding strengths in JAVA and/or C++
- Strong understanding and experience working in Agile Software Environment with CI/CD DevOps processes.
- Knowledge of software containerisation and micro-service technologies.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative solutions using Model Based Systems Development and Model Based Engineering principles.
- Defence software engineering
- Development of software and GUI to display real- time sensor data.
- Visualisation technologies.
This role is a unique opportunity for strong Java or C++ Engineers to join the growing and stable Defence industry.
Please apply today for a confidential conversation about the role.
Technology & Digital
Senior Recruitment Account Manager
+61 8 8214 6201
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Greythorn Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856