Are you an Engineering Manager with strong experience in software and systems integration?
Our client is a multi-national private organisation who specialise in providing security and identity solutions. Joining the Canberra team as a Technical Project Manager, you'll be responsible for the cost, on time delivery and quality of projects; whilst managing a team of 10. Working with a range of Federal Government Agencies, a current Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance is required due to the nature of the role.
Some of your main duties will include:
- Provide strong technical leadership and guidance to the technical team across the ANZ region.
- Technical authority for all technical related activities. Act as the 'Technical Guru': Hands-on management and provision of expertise on Hardware and Software solutions, in collaboration with the internal team and third-party partners.
- Liaise with global product teams, technical experts and research unit, customers and external partners.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement plans.
- Project delivery capability: Lead and manages all internal and external technical activities related to the delivery of the BUILD phase to ensure delivery in accordance with allocated budgets, timeframes and quality.
- Allocate resources and support the resolution of intricate problems during the support and maintenance phases.
- Coach, motivate and mentor team members with the intent to build a credible and motivate team to serve our customer with pride, passion and professionalism.
- Subject Matter Expert for all PSI related domain, technologies and operations.
You are a self-motivated individual who possesses a positive attitude towards learning business, operations and technology. In addition...
- 15 years+ relevant experience and minimum 10 years of managing teams.
- Project management experience and proven track record in successfully deploying large-scale multi-million projets both regional and locally.
- Relevant Bachelors Degree in IT/Software Engineering.
- Involved in many software development cycles and familiar in SDLC and/or agile project implementation.
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Exceptionally strong customer management and both hardware/software knowledge.
- Team player with the ability to work cross-functionally and to work with all levels of staff.
- Willing to travel; domestically and internationally.
The role requires substantial experience/expertise in the provision of self-service appliance (eGates, kiosks, hardware devices, etc.) particularly around user experience, Occupational Health & Safety, durability, and maintainability of all technical design choices made (all of which are highly valued by customers).
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5944
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856